Location: US (Washington DC Metro)
- Develop control systems for automated systems, not limited to
- programming of PLC’s,
- Servo programming,
- Programming Robots and Vision Systems
- Integrate AGV,
- Program Linear Motors, etc.
- Develop human-machine interfaces (HMI) application
- Work with mechanical and electrical designers to ensure the control system will meet performance, reliability and functionality requirements
- Test, Debug and commission Electrical panel, PLC programs during systems integration stage within NextFirst and at customers site during installation.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects at customers site during installation
- Provide detailed documentation (Controls Philosophy, Description of Operation, Risk Assessment, User Manual, FAT, SAT, etc.
- Assist the team in component selection, robots, communication network topologies, data converters, power, and instruments, cables, and panel accessories
- Incorporate IOT data requirements into PLC program architecture, working with software team for integrating with IoT layer for logging & dashboarding
- Develop reusable function blocks and standardize them.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering with 3-4 years of experience in electrical panel design and PLC programming/ commissioning for discrete automation projects
- Experience in UL standards and requirements towards implementing the same in the electrical and controls designs.
- Authorisation to work in US
- Familiarity with NFPA 79, UL508A and OSHA standards
Note: This position is not eligible for Relocation
This role may need 50% travel to customer sites
NextFirst is an established industrial automation company, specializing in providing solutions for assembly and material handling automation. With over 16 years of experience and a team of over 50 NextFirst has automated more than 2,000 process steps at over 70 customer locations across 4 continents. Be it designing, building, and supporting production assemblies, or helping warehouses address diverse and demanding supply chains, NextFirst provides the required automation solution with the appropriate level of automation to deliver results that matter. With teams located in the US, Singapore, and India, NextFirst is able to leverage global supply chains to provide solutions that are optimally priced, technically superior, and supported around the clock. More about NextFirst at www.nextfirst.com.