Location: US (Northern California, Washington DC Metro)
NextFirst is currently searching for a business development and application engineer to nurture and develop relationships at key accounts, build new accounts, and coordinate the development of concepts and proposals, providing solutions specific to each customer’s need for material handling and general assembly applications. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop relationships with key personnel within customers through technical understanding of their processes, including regular customer visits across the US.
- Gather a customer’s technical and commercial requirements then manage cross discipline groups to develop the strategy, cost basis, pricing and written proposals.
- Coordinate activities within NextFirst to ensure success on sales opportunities, including effectively communicating quoted deliverables to project team through project kickoffs
- Develop and manage the proposal development and document, including the support of execution teams for customer change request proposals.
- Weekly activity report and Action Item list update
- Maintenance of a home office for coordinating activities
- Overnight travel often required
- Bachelor degree in Technical Engineering discipline or equivalent relevant experience. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum three years automation engineering experience
- Authorisation to work in US
- Experience in customer proposal development, and customer specification review
- Basic experience with robotics including robot interfacing, programming, process equipment, and process equipment integration / operation.
- Expert in reading and interpreting electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic prints, related technical documentation, and PLC ladder logic.
- Familiar with Google Suite
We offer market competitive pay and benefits programs, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development, and recognition of individual achievements. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Holiday & Vacation Program
About NexFirst: NextFirst is an established industrial automation company, specializing in providing solutions for assembly and material handling automation. With over 16 years of experience and a team of over 50 NextFirst has automated more than 2,000 process steps at over 70 customer locations across 4 continents. Be it designing, building, and supporting production assemblies, or helping warehouses address diverse and demanding supply chains, NextFirst provides the required automation solution with the appropriate level of automation to deliver results that matter. With teams located in the US, Singapore, and India, NextFirst is able to leverage global supply chains to provide solutions that are optimally priced, technically superior, and supported around the clock. More about NextFirst at www.nextfirst.com.