- Assist the team in robot and interface component selection, communication network topologies, data converters, power, and instruments, cables, and panel accessories based on application. Simulation of robotic cells, cycle time estimation and layout optimization.
- Develop real-time interface of robots for automation, Interfacing IO modules, programming, teaching of robots. and incorporation in the master control program
- Work with the design team to understand electrical and mechanical drawings, ensure the control system meets performance, reliability and functionality requirements
- Develop control systems for automated system, including
- programming of PLC’s
- Servo programming
- Developing human-machine interfaces (HMI) application
- Troubleshooting of the robotic cell, debugging of programs and electric panel during subsystem testing and system integration, at factory and at customer site.
- Installation and commissioning of the automation line at factory and at customer site. Coordinate with internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects at customers site during installation
- Provide detailed documentation (Controls Philosophy, Description of Operation, Risk Assessment, User Manual, FAT, SAT, etc.)
- Develop standard programs for robot, and interface of IO’s with a view to standardize and reuse programming effort.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering with 3-4 years of experience ROBOTIC/PLC programming/ commissioning for discrete automation projects
- Good experience with programming and commissioning a range of industrial robots including Fanuc and ABB. Familiarity with Co-bots is an added advantage
- B1 visa or similar, allowing travel to US customer sites
- Experience in UL ,RIA standards and requirements towards implementing the same in the electrical and controls designs.
NextFirst is an established industrial automation company, specializing in providing solutions for assembly and material handling automation. With over 16 years of experience and a team of over 50 NextFirst has automated more than 2,000 process steps at over 70 customer locations across 4 continents. Be it designing, building, and supporting production assemblies, or helping warehouses address diverse and demanding supply chains, NextFirst provides the required automation solution with the appropriate level of automation to deliver results that matter. With teams located in the US, Singapore, and India, NextFirst is able to leverage global supply chains to provide solutions that are optimally priced, technically superior, and supported around the clock. More about NextFirst at www.nextfirst.com.