We invite applications for a 1 year internship in development and implementation of path planning algorithms for making intelligent decisions on robot movement in 3 Dimensional space. The internship is being offered in collaboration with a leading academic institution in Bangalore.
In this role, you will
• Develop motion path planning algorithms for robotic movement in a 3D grid
• Test and optimize the algorithm for obstacle avoidance based on the position of the other robots in the system
• Build learning approaches that adapt the above algorithms in the presence of data
• Work closely with a multidisciplinary team in implementing and testing these algorithms in a real world environment
• BTech, MTech, MS, or PhD in Mechatronics, Robotics or Computer Science
• Technical experience related to path planning using algorithms such as Dijkstra, A*, D*, as well as algorithms such as traversal planning and search planning;
• Familiar with obstacle avoidance algorithms, where obstacles are dynamic.
• Exposure to modern model predictive control and other advanced control techniques
• Strong foundation in mathematics, graph theory and algorithm development;
• Passion for research and development, especially in the field of intelligent robotics
• Knowledge of machine learning and the interplay between learning and decision making
NextFirst is an established industrial automation company, specializing in providing solutions for assembly and material handling automation. With over 16 years of experience and a team of over 50 NextFirst has automated more than 2,000 process steps at over 70 customer locations across 4 continents. Be it designing, building, and supporting production assemblies, or helping warehouses address diverse and demanding supply chains, NextFirst provides the required automation solution with the appropriate level of automation to deliver results that matter. With teams located in the US, Singapore, and India, NextFirst is able to leverage global supply chains to provide solutions that are optimally priced, technically superior, and supported around the clock. More about NextFirst at www.nextfirst.com.