DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect or measure the manufactured materials received from suppliers, prepare an inspection report and publish the same.
- Accept or reject finished items and maintain records.
- Reject all part and materials that fail to meet specifications, send them to the concern supplier, fix and minor problems to ensure corrected parts are received.
- Interact with the design team to understand machine assemblies / sub-assemblies, get the assembly drawings / sub assembly drawings, prepare an inspection plan and execute the same during machine build.
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible in Design and assembly for the deviation observed in the part and take necessary action.
- Read engineering drawings and understand specifications.
- Should have hands on experience with Vernier calipers, different types of gauges, Vernier micrometers Bevel protractor, Vernier height gauge and other general instruments.
- Should be proficient with GD&T
- Maintain report of inspection and test data.
- Furnish a report on monthly a basis for supplier performance and monitor the same.