This role aims to ensure that the product or service NextFirst provides is fit for purpose, is consistent, and meets customer’s expectations, country regulations, and company quality standards. This role ensures customer success through monitoring KPI achieved in the delivered project and how the KPIs helped the Customer to achieve his business goals. This role interacts with internal and external stakeholders and sets a path for project and engineering teams for success. The “path” could simply be an execution process step or as big as documenting customer requirements in every detail, combining both expressed and implied.
This role will need to liaise with other leaders, managers, and engineers to ensure that the quality management system functions correctly.
This role would also be required to develop and periodically update quality management processes while implementing them and provide training, tools, and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards.
This role is the owner of quality control, change management, and internal standardization.
- Establish a company’s quality procedures, standards, and specifications
- Review customer requirements and make sure they are met before deliveries
- Work with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers
- Set internal standards for quality as well as health and safety
- Make sure that manufacturing and assembly processes meet international and national standards
- Make sure the delivered parts from the vendor ecosystem meet the defined standards and eliminate rework
- Look at ways to reduce waste from several forms and increase overall efficiency
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with work performed by various roles
- Develop, implement, and maintain the change management process for presales, engineering, projects, and manufacturing
- Set up and maintain all documentation procedures
- Be an initiator and govern internal standardization of new development and reusability of already designed.
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and produce statistical reports
- Review existing policies and make suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them
- Measure performance and identify any areas of weakness, recommending and implementing improvements
- Assess the effectiveness of changes made
- Train and manage a team of quality control engineers
- Networking with key customers on a regular basis for reviews and updates on quality, design, and manufacturing-related areas
B.E or B. Tech – Mechanical Engineering with 7-9 years of experience in design, manufacturing, and implementation. Good communication skills and thought leadership are required.