This role aims to ensure that the product or service the NextFirst provides is fit for purpose, is consistent, and meets customer’s expectations, and delivers committed output on time.
This role will need to liaise with other leaders, managers, and engineers to ensure that the manufacturing functions correctly.
This role is accountable for advance planning of tasks, raw-material management, establish vendor/supplier ecosystem, inter logistics of supplier items, efficient management of internal stores, and on-time shipment.
- Plan & implement manufacturing processes, methodologies, monitor and control manufacturing processes
- Review customer schedule and plan for its delivery right from material requisition, production planning, scheduling, achievement of the required level of efficiency as per industrial benchmark
- Tools, Consumables, Manpower, Electricity, and Space cost optimization
- Plan CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) for tools according to budget and ensure acquisition and use of the same
- Monitor opportunities to reduce costs while maintaining product quality
- Ensure adherence to Environmental, Health, and Safety guidelines, maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping program, including all timely communication initiatives in the organization
- Review and work-out resource requirements, including manpower, remove production constraints, allocate human and equipment resources, and direct production employees to attain all planned organizational goals
- Establish Production, Maintenance processes in line with customer expected guidelines
- Sound knowledge of quality processes and tools like 5S, Lean Six Sigma, cost engineering, zero defects, Cost of Poor Quality, FMEA, etc.
- Guide the team on alternate sourcing, evaluate and manage the supplier base to ensure the best supplier quality.
- Vendor management and development in line with business requirements.
- Control material consumption by maintaining the right inventory level, cost optimization.
- Ensuring all customer demands are fulfilled in alignment with the stakeholder expectations of OEM’s and other channel partners
- Support in identification, recruitment, and building resources according to the defined organizational structure.
- Implement the highest levels of self and team integrity
B.E or B. Tech – Mechanical Engineering with 10-15 years of mechanical machinery manufacturing experience. Good communication skills and thought leadership are required.